Today's the day to watch the 56th Academy of Country Music Awards! Watch on CBS or stream live and on-demand on Paramount+ at 8/7c. Mickey Guyton and Keith Urban will be co-hosting the show broadcasted from the Grand Ole Opry House, Ryman Auditorium and the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville. Mickey Guyton is the first African-American woman and the second African-American artist to host the show since Charley Pride co-hosted the show in 1984. Similar to the previous year ceremony, the show will consist of a combination of live and pre-recorded performances.
This year’s performers include a record number of four black artists. The full list of artists performing include: Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Lee Brice, Brothers Osborne, Kane Brown, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Luke Combs, Dan + Shay, Mickey Guyton, Ryan Hurd, Jack Ingram, Alan Jackson, Elle King, Miranda Lambert, Lady A, Little Big Town, Ashley McBryde, Maren Morris, Carly Pearce, Jon Randall, Thomas Rhett, Blake Shelton, Chris Stapleton, The War and Treaty, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, CeCe Winans, and Chris Young.
1. Mickey Guyton was the first solo female Black artist to perform at the ACM Awards in 2020
2. At the age of 21, Taylor Swift became the youngest Entertainer of the Year winner
3. Miranda Lambert holds the record for most ACM wins
4. Carrie Underwood is the only female artist to win three Entertainer of the Year awards
5. Only eight women have won the Entertainer of The Year trophy: Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain, The Chicks, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift
6. Bonnie Owens was the first female in 1966 to win Female Vocalist of the Year
7. Loretta Lynn was the first female in 1976 to win Entertainer of the Year
8. Donna Fargo was the first female in 1973 to win Song of the Year with her hit, “The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA”
9. Loretta Lynn was the first female to co-host the ceremony in 1975 alongside Roger Miller
10. Dolly Parton was the first female to be a solo host in 2000 at the 35th ACM’s